Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Customer service phone number for Square, Inc.
08-27-2012, 01:38 AM
Customer service phone number for Square, Inc.
After a lot of digging, we have managed to find another customer service number for SquareUp and Square, Inc. The phone number is: 415-946-4087

We have reports that this number is answered by a customer service representative, but it is primarily for verification only. They may be able to transfer you to someone who may be able to help though.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Thumbs Down RE: Customer service phone number for Square, Inc.
Why would anyone do business with a company that does not provide live customer support via phone? We have a choice. Mine is another pos system through another provider who within 1 minute picked up the phone, verified my identity and issued me a card reader with the same options as Square.

BTW: The phone # listed instructs you to chat with Square on line. No live attendant.

Here is a response I received from Square as a result of a chat request for assistance.
"Hello,

Thanks for writing in. At this time, we do not provide live phone support. Our Support team operates over email in order to serve you most effectively.

We also provide instant answers to frequently asked questions in our online Help Center that you can visit anytime at https://squareup.com/help. For future help on a particular topic, you’ll also find a link to contact us within relevant Help Center articles.

Additionally, it looks like your application was again declined because we were unable to verify your identity during the activation process.

Our decision remains that we can not approve your request to accept card payments with Square. There is nothing more we can do for you at this time.

Thanks for your understanding.

Alexis
Square Support ​
How are we doing? Please take a minute to answer four questions about your experience with Square Support.
Find all posts by this user
07-18-2013, 03:42 PM
RE: Customer service phone number for Square, Inc.
Even if you talk to someone, they're not going to help you!
I got through to someone because they have been holding over $30,000 of my money for 180 days and they REFUSE to help me!!!
07-18-2013, 08:17 PM
(07-18-2013 03:42 PM)squarewillscamyou Wrote:  Even if you talk to someone, they're not going to help you!
I got through to someone because they have been holding over $30,000 of my money for 180 days and they REFUSE to help me!!!

Has anyone called the better business bureau? This is a travesty. I would rather pay money to deal with BOA than deal with this type of company.

I just may call the BBB.
08-29-2013, 02:25 PM
(08-27-2012 01:38 AM)ADMINISTRATOR Wrote:  After a lot of digging, we have managed to find another customer service number for SquareUp and Square, Inc. The phone number is: 415-946-4087

We have reports that this number is answered by a customer service representative, but it is primarily for verification only. They may be able to transfer you to someone who may be able to help though.

This number just tells you to go the the online help center.
10-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Customer service phone number for Square is 877-417-4551
11-07-2013, 01:14 PM
(10-05-2013 10:22 PM)dayana1973 Wrote:  Customer service phone number for Square is 877-417-4551

THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE USED FOR BUSINESS OR A PERSONAL SERVICE, NO PHONE NUMBERS???? wow AND THEY hold your money......and continue to hold it while you send email after email to fucking idiots
12-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Alexis,

Hello. I own a company called LegalMark, LLC and since December 6th I have run $43,000.00 in credit card transactions and none have been deposited.

Can you please help me?

Square needed account verification which I provided and the compliance dept emailed me Wednesday saying that my account was fine and funds will be released.

They have not been.

It is 9 days from Christmas and I am without money for gifts, payroll, bills and I have already bounced 1 check and dinged my credit due to Square holding my money for so long.

Thanks,

Brian

949-303-8009

(07-12-2013 10:19 AM)kgraessle910 Wrote:  Why would anyone do business with a company that does not provide live customer support via phone? We have a choice. Mine is another pos system through another provider who within 1 minute picked up the phone, verified my identity and issued me a card reader with the same options as Square.

BTW: The phone # listed instructs you to chat with Square on line. No live attendant.

Here is a response I received from Square as a result of a chat request for assistance.
"Hello,

Thanks for writing in. At this time, we do not provide live phone support. Our Support team operates over email in order to serve you most effectively.

We also provide instant answers to frequently asked questions in our online Help Center that you can visit anytime at https://squareup.com/help. For future help on a particular topic, you’ll also find a link to contact us within relevant Help Center articles.

Additionally, it looks like your application was again declined because we were unable to verify your identity during the activation process.

Our decision remains that we can not approve your request to accept card payments with Square. There is nothing more we can do for you at this time.

Thanks for your understanding.

Alexis
Square Support ​
How are we doing? Please take a minute to answer four questions about your experience with Square Support.
03-12-2014, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 11:03 AM by EEMargolin.)
I can only imagine how angry people are that Square is holding their money and giving them the run around. I'm angry as heck and my problem is tiny compared to those who have not received payments ranging from $30-40K.

I contacted Square because it's not recognizing my login. It took them 3 days to respond. Three days!! I provided a lot of information, including a snapshot photo of the last receipt/payment, transaction number, email address used on the account, full name, address, etc.

They emailed back - big surprise "we can't find you in our system. Please email us..." and they asked me to email from from my login account email address, which I already did. They asked I provide my full name, which I did. They asked for date of last transaction - oh, brother - I already included a screen shot of it. They asked for the last 3 digits of my bank account number - all of this in the same email.

What astounds me is a financial institution that requests all of this information by email. Are you kidding me? By email? Why not just open up my window and shout it at strangers passing by on the street?

I have lost faith in this company as being concerned about security. How do you go from having an account to not having any history of an account. How and why on Earth would you ask any client to transmit all that information by email????? I've asked them to call me since they do not provide a phone number, and I'm sure I'll have to wait three more days before receiving an email that says, "Sorry, we only conduct business via email."

Why would anyone ever trust a company that only responds by email.

They've taken a good reputation and have made it terrible by providing terrible customer service. Companies that do not allow for vocal interactions are not good companies. People should be very concerned about this.

Any attempt to reach them by phone has been fruitless.
06-02-2014, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2014 08:40 PM by weemanstinger.)
this number doesn't work asshole i just tried it and it told me to go to there website

(10-05-2013 10:22 PM)dayana1973 Wrote:  Customer service phone number for Square is 877-417-4551

this number doesn't work asshole i just tried it and it told me togo to there website