Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Consumer Beware
08-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Consumer Beware
I know there are those of you who have had no issues using the SquareUp credit card processing system, but a quick search through Google and you'll quickly realize that there are a lot more disgrundled individuals out there with their customer service and the way they get your money to you then there are good things to say about the company.

That is unless you happen to be a CEO with Starbuck's Coffee... He seems to think it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Just a word of warning to those individuals considering using the SquareUp system.

***BUYER BEWARE***

"SquareUp thinks they are above the law and flat out steal your money"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2012, 10:10 PM
RE: Consumer Beware
I'm starting to get the same feeling FU. Still waiting on the money that Square has on deferral.

"It's MY money, and I need it NOW!"
10-18-2012, 05:18 AM
(08-15-2012 10:10 PM)TxCHL Wrote:  I'm starting to get the same feeling FU. Still waiting on the money that Square has on deferral.

Did you get the money? How long did it take? What was (were) the problem(s)?

ANYONE can post a complaint, but a real Forum member follows up.
10-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Ended up refunding the customers their money and re-running their cards using the card reader. It's hard to convince a customer to wait 30 days for their merchandise just because your credit card processor wants to hold the funds for 30 days to make sure their good.

"It's MY money, and I need it NOW!"
06-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Square is ridiculous. If you are a business owner like myself with high ticket products/services, you cannot afford to wait around for your money.[/align]
01-22-2014, 01:54 AM
Here's My Experience Dealing With Them
RE: Refund rejected ?‏

To see messages related to this one, group messages by conversation.
william kissel 10:55 PM
To: Square Compliance
Picture of william kissel
I don't understand what you are saying and neither did VISA when I called them to ask about your statement. You did issue a refund to a prepaid card with tip added, and now you're telling me you can't issue a refund when a tip has been added? When I contacted VISA, they asked me to ask you to clarify on your ambiguous statement. I've been told that there is no such thing, but if you insist I'd like to report this matter to get some clarification.

Also may I please have a customer rep other than Griffin respond to this matter, I've received several commentary regarding this support member as being aloof and failing to provide answers directly to inquiries.

By the way, I'm submitting this conversation to my customer to submit directly to their prepaid card bank so that, they may successfully have a chargeback filed, due to your less than educated response.

Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 02:03:48 +0000
To: kisselwj@live.com
Subject: RE: Refund rejected ?

Hello,
Thanks for writing in. We are unable to support refunds on prepaid cards when a tip has been added.
Thank you for understanding.
​Sincerely,

Griffin
Square Account Services​
Accepting internet and phone orders? Please take a minute to review leading merchant practices when accepting internet and phone orders.
kisselwj
JAN 19, 2014 | 07:31PM PST
Great, I don't like hassling people, but I'm being hassled by my customer, so I'm just trying to resolve this as soon as possible.
Hello,
Thanks for writing in. I’ve gone ahead and forwarded your email to another member of our team who can better assist you. They will reach out to you shortly.
Thanks for your patience.

Dawn
Square Account Services​
Accepting internet and phone orders? Please take a minute to review leading merchant practices when accepting internet and phone orders.
kisselwj
JAN 16, 2014 | 03:39PM PST
I need a refund to be issued back to the customer's card, as per VISA & MASTERCARD network regulations currently dictate that card payments that have been accepted must be refunded back to the original card used to pay. it is against the network rules to issue a cash refund. and your agreements says it is not right to do this either. i have updated my banking information so that funds are available to cover for the refund.
kisselwj
JAN 16, 2014 | 03:24PM PST
HOW ABOUT WE PREVENT A CHARGEBACK BY ISSUING A REFUND?! IS THAT POSSIBLE ?! OR YOU PREFER THE CHARGEBACK ROUTE ?
Hello,
Thank you for writing in. Any funds currently in your account will be deferred for 150 days, at the end of this time they will be deposited into your bank if there is no chargeback received.
Sincerely,

Jane
Square Account Services​
Hello
Thanks for writing in. I’ve gone ahead and forwarded your email to our Support team. A team member will reach out to you shortly.
​Thanks for your patience.

Roxie
Square Account Services​
kisselwj
JAN 14, 2014 | 09:46PM PST
Were you able to properly assess my account's situation when you took a look at my account ? I don't know what you were looking at, but correct me if I'm wrong, I never received any money from you guys. Therefore you going into my bank account and attempting to withdraw funds as an adjustment, can be interpretted as stealing, because there never existed any funds in my bank account from square to adjust to cover for any transaction. Lucky I didn't have funds in my account, because I did confer with my bank, and they were the ones that informed me that I should file a police report because that is unlawful theft. I hope you are paying attention, because your response is on record. I'm not going to go file a police report because I don't have time to play games, and it is in your best interest to take my problem seriously because my client is giving me problems as a result of your mistakes. My request is simply for you to refund my client her money because she wasn't provided any goods or services on account of the fact that Her payment never reached me. It is also the policy of the network cards visa, mastercard, and american express, to always issue refunds back to the original form of payment and that a cash refund is against card rules. So what you are asking me to do, is violate card network regulations and to hand over money I don't have. I won't be doing either, because the awesome team members working at square inc will promptly resolve my case now that they have a better understansing of whats going on. Refund my clients money because you possess her funds, and we'll call it a clean break. If I don't have confirmation or refund successfully issued by wednesday, I will e-mail you or fax to you the police report my bank submits on my behalf and it will be filed against Square Inc, and Square Inc Rep Santiago. Thanks Santiago, your assistance is much appreciated. Lets hope we don't need to go thru a dramatic episode followed by pointless chargebacks.
Hello,
Thanks for writing in. I took a look at your account and see that we were unable to process this refund due to insufficient funds in your linked bank account.
If you would still like to refund this payment, you must do so via an alternate payment method, such as cash or check. If you issue a refund outside of Square, we recommend providing your customer a receipt and keeping a copy for your records.
Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Santiago
Square Account Services​
kisselwj
JAN 11, 2014 | 03:17AM PST
Original message
Hi,
My issuance of a refund has been rejected, why is that? I will not be providing the services paid for due to the fact that I haven't officially received payment. The customer is asking for a refund because she is claiming I have her money but I obviously do not. Can you please return her money before she decides to claim theft of funds? And besides she paid with square wallet and I have no idea what style of payment that mess is or how to log it in my books.